Instrument Online Ground School - 2024
Please Note: This product is offered for sale online for new or existing students at Camarillo Flight Instruction and is the exact same as is offered by Sporty's at the exact same retail price. Once you place your order, a unique access code will be emailed to you so that you may begin taking the course as recommended by your instructor. Thank you for purchasing thru us and supporting our flight school! We appreciate your business!
2024 Edition Now Available!
Ace your FAA written test, save money during flight training, and become a better pilot with Sporty’s Instrument Rating Course. Over 12 hours of HD video and animations explain everything you need to know to earn your Instrument Rating and feel confident in the clouds. Combine that with powerful test prep tools, a comprehensive document library, and convenient app options, and you have aviation’s most complete training course.
New video segments: reorganized course structure and updated lessons, creating a building block approach to learning.
Powerful notes tool: organize your key takeaways in one place, and pin content from videos or documents for later review.
Windows tablet app: now you can use Sporty’s Pilot Training app for Android on your Windows device—perfect for studying on a Surface tablet.
Interactive exercises: go beyond videos with simulators and quizzes that allow you to adjust instruments, move an airplane on a map, and much more.
FAR bookmarking and study guides: streamline your studying of the Federal Aviation Regulations with time-saving tools for each certificate level.
In-course messaging: stay connected to your Sporty’s course, with contextual reminders and new content alerts.
What Hasn't Changed:
Free lifetime updates: get the latest features and content without paying a subscription; just log in and learn.
Guaranteed to pass all three tests: much more than just written test prep, Sporty’s course prepares you for the knowledge, oral, and flight tests.
Instant written test endorsement: once you’ve passed two practice tests, we’ll give you the flight instructor sign-off for the test.
Available on all your devices: study anywhere, anytime with Sporty’s convenient app options for iOS, Android, Mac, web browser, and smart TV.
Dynamic in-flight video
10 reasons pilots prefer Sporty's courses:
1. Nine formats, one price We know you’re busy, so our course is available almost anywhere. Use our online learning platform for complete access to videos and quizzes anywhere you have an internet connection. There’s no software to install – just log in and start learning. Or use our dedicated mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Apple TV, and Roku, which allow you to download videos for offline viewing. Progress automatically syncs between all formats so you can start a study session on your phone and finish on your laptop without missing a beat.
2. Get your written test endorsement When you complete the course, we’ll give you the flight instructor endorsement to take the written test—instantly! You can take this endorsement to the FAA testing center and log it in your ForeFlight logbook. It's complete preparation for the FAA Knowledge Test.
3. Pass all your tests—guaranteed! Our course is so complete we guarantee you’ll pass all three tests: the written, oral and flight. Our video segments make complicated subjects like aerodynamics and weather easy to understand, so you’ll impress the examiner. Plus, our Airman Certification Standards Study Guide cross-references every required task to the videos, making it easy to review for the checkride.
4. Dynamic in-flight video Sporty’s courses are famous for their HD video and 3D animations. Not a boring ground school, we put you in the cockpit for a real world look at what flying is all about. You’ll see the flight maneuvers from the left seat, and you’ll hear actual communications with air traffic control. Plus, each video segment includes helpful review notes for efficient studying, and many also have review quizzes to reinforce key concepts.
5. 27 fully-narrated HD maneuvers In addition to the comprehensive video segments, Sporty’s Instrument Rating course also includes a detailed maneuvers guide. All 27 maneuvers you might be tested on are included, with a 3D animation of the maneuver, narrated procedures, common errors, and completion standards. It’s a great way to review for the checkride.
6. Powerful test prep tools You’ll ace the written test with our interactive tools. Create customized study sessions from the actual FAA test questions and see the right and wrong answers, plus plain English explanations written by our team of CFIs. Detailed analytics show you which areas need the most help, and allow you to study only the questions you’ve missed. Then, take a practice test that simulates the real knowledge exam you'll have to pass.
7. Flight Instructor tracking We make it easy for your instructor to follow your progress through the course, so you always stay in sync with your in-person lessons. Invite a CFI to see your practice test scores and review your video progress.
8. Ask a CFI If you're stumped by a difficult subject, talk to the experienced flight instructors at Sporty's. We have a team of over 25 CFIs on staff at our flight school, training students every day just like you, so they can offer quick, helpful answers. Just click the Ask a CFI button to send a message.
9. Complete training syllabus Research shows that pilots learn better when they use a high quality syllabus. We include a complete Training Course Outline as part of our course – the same one we use in our flight school. It includes detailed outlines for both ground and flight lessons. Think of it as a bridge between your at-home study and flight training.
10. Free lifetime updates When you buy a Sporty's course, you're gaining access to a training platform that's always up to date and always improving. We are continually adding new video segments to reflect new regulations and technology. We also refresh our FAA test question database regularly, so you don't study outdated topics. There's no additional fee or subscription to receive these updates - just log in and learn!
The Instrument training experts
At Sporty’s, we pioneered weekend instrument ground schools over 50 years ago, traveling the country to teach pilots the keys to IFR flying in just 3 days. Today, we operate an active flight school at our home airport (I69) with over 100 flight students. This everyday practical experience with instrument students makes us uniquely qualified to offer the most complete, up-to-date training courses available. When you learn with Sporty’s, you’re learning from the best.
More powerful features:
- Closed captioned videos help students whose first language is not English.
- Download videos for offline viewing in the app or stream them with an internet connection.
- Connect to your ForeFlight logbook to log your written test endorsement.
- Automatic progress sync between all formats.
- Redbird GIFT integration: use Sporty's course with Redbird simulators.
- Air Facts segments go beyond the textbook to make you a proficient pilot.
- Earn FAA WINGS credit and save on your insurance.
- Review notes and quick quizzes after most videos help you review your progress.
- Automatic updates mean you learn the latest information.